Writing an article is not really complicated, but writing a good article can be somehow complicated. Moreover, writing articles on a blog and getting traffic, likes, shares and followers is really a thing that anyone would like. But it’s not that easy, it’s neither that hard. Learning some simple rules of how to write a good blog article will help you to write a better article that really gets traffic and clicks.
How to write a good blog article?
Here are some pro tricks that you can follow to write good blog articles, also I’ll be giving you some ideas that’ll help you to really get engagement in your blog articles. Let’s learn to write a good article.
Write a catchy headline
Writing a catchy and powerful headline is the most essential thing that you should do. Your article title is the very first thing with the reader judges about your article. A good catchy headline forces readers to click on your articles.
How to write a catchy blog article title?
Here’s a short tip for writing a catchy headline
- Use numbers and adjectives on your articles, like 5 Incredible …
- Try using a unique rationale to let the readers know what they will get out of the article, like Reasons, Practices, Tricks, Hacks etc.
- Use wh-questions, how, what, when and why.
Some samples are:
- 2 reasons why I love drinking coffee everyday?
- 5 fastest ways to rank your article on the top of Google.
Applying Pinterest marketing strategies to your blog post is another smart thing you can do to write a good blog article.
Short and accurate introduction
The introduction is the super first paragraph of your article. A powerful introduction can lead you to gain thousands of traffic in your blog post. While writing an article you should keep three things in your mind; readability and keyword hooks.
- Your article introduction should be easy to read and understandable
- Do not use complicated words and sentences, the meaning should be easily understood
- Using keyword hooks can really help you to rank fast on search engines, like Bing and Google.
Keyword hooks are those sentences that include the main keyword on which you wanna rank your article on search engines. Crawlers of Google and Bing judge your article on the basis of keyword hooks.
Let’s say you wanna rank on “preparing a milk coffee”, the keyword hook will be similar to…
You wanna prepare a tasty cup of milk coffee in your home, here’s how you can do it.
Remember, your keyword hook should be attached with the introduction of your article.
Optimize images and graphics usage
Using a lot of images in your blog post will really disturb the readability of your article, and without any images, articles look boring. That’s why I suggest you on being concerned about the optimization of graphics usage.
If you ask me “
how many images I should use in my blog article” I would say 1 or 2, but actually, there’s not an absolute parameter for this, it really depends what kind of article are you writing.
If images and graphics are an essential part of your article, then you must use images, if not two images are enough.
Be minimal as much as possible
Writing chunks of long text, and hiding the required information really hampers the readability and engagement of readers in your article. You might think that writing a long article will help you to rank fast, and get more people to read your article, then that’s really not true.
People rarely read Web pages word by word; instead, they scan the page, picking out individual words and sentences.
A study “How Users Read on the Web” by Jakob Nielsen showed that 79% of web users scan and only 16 percent read word-by-word. People reading online have really have short attention spans. All readers want information quickly.
So, be conscious of keeping your content short enough to maintain attention, and long enough to provoke thought and intrigue.
Make listings as quick tips
As we have already discussed, people liked to get information quickly, so using some bulleted lists will really help you to engage people in your blog post.
Benefits of making lists
I suggest you make lists on your blog articles, making lists helps you with these things…
Search Engine Optimization
As Google or Bing crawlers are constantly seeking good information in websites and webpages, it’s more likely to list getting indexed in search rankings tops.
Readability and Engagement
Listings really help on reliability as well, as users get required information quickly. And it also helps with engagement on the blog post, as for further information readers keep reading and scrolling.
Things to remember while making lists
- Each list should contain 5 to 10 numbers of words. Try not to go more than 10 words.
- Use bold texts on your lists, that really helps readers to grasp information.
- Do not make lists if not necessary
- Try to make some internal links on your listings
Add relevant and helpful links
Adding appropriate links to your blog article will boost your search rankings. If your site has links that are relevant and helpful for your readers, then search engine crawlers will accept your blog post as useful content, which will surely help you to rank fast on Google or Bing.
Doing internal linking establishes the architecture and hierarchy of a website. External linking increases page authority, ranking power and domain authority throughout the web.
Use paragraphs and line breaks
Using paragraphs is really essential. Line breaks or paragraphs help your readers to read fast and grasp information quickly. It also helps with search engine optimization, engagement and readability.
How to use paragraphs properly?
Here are some does and don’ts that you should follow to use paragraphs properly…
- Make your sentences minimal and lengthy enough to explain things
- Each paragraph should contain two to three sentences
- Using bold text is really essential that can help to increase readability and engagement
- Each paragraph should be independently understandable, example
- Do not break lines if it’s not necessary
Writing articles with readable paragraphs and lists help readers to read and understand the article quickly and easily, which also helps in the SEO of the article. Moreover, adding internal and external articles helps to increase the search engine appearance of your blog article.
Being minimal and honest is the best thing that you can do while writing the blog post, which will really provide advantages to you and your readers.
How to write a good blog article in 7 easy steps?
- Make a clear and catchy headline
- Write a proper introduction with keyword hooks
- Do not over-use images and graphics, use it in optimized way
- Write short and sweet, do not try to consume readers time with chunks of unneccesary texts
- Provide relevant and helpful links to the user to make the article more clear
- Use lists to make your idea more understandable
- Properly create paragraphs and line breaks to make it readable and look good
Happy Blogging! Thanks for being with me.